Meet the Team: Vaishali Varu
Posted on 26th February 2021 at 10:28
Meet Vaishali Varu:
After finishing her degree in Journalism from Leeds Beckett University, Vaishali now takes on the Marketing Strategist and PR role at Micro-Fresh®. She’s a social butterfly, but during Covid times, if she’s not got a bottle of Zoflora in her hand (watch out Mrs Hinch), you’ll find her watching romantic comedies – her favourite is 2 weeks notice!
1) What does a typical day at Micro-Fresh® look like for you?
No two days at Micro-Fresh® are the same! Some mornings I’ll have 10 minutes to make a quick to-do list for the day and others I don’t get a chance to grab a coffee until 10:30am! Things are so fast paced here, but that’s what I love the most, it definitely keeps me on my toes. I head up all the marketing activity across Micro-Fresh® and Home-Fresh®, this includes strategising campaigns to writing copy and I’m always at hand with my phone to capture the funniest office moments! Keep a look out on our socials for some of these!
2) What is your favourite aspect of your role?
That’s a real tough one! I like seeing how our campaigns come to life. It takes a lot of planning, research and patience, but so satisfying seeing it all come together. The thing that might slightly edge it though is working with retailers on their packaging artwork or online copy. When they finally launch and you see the product bought to life – it’s a real dreamlike feeling knowing you’ve contributed towards something nationally or in our case, globally!
3) Do you have a favourite Micro-Fresh® product?
I’m going to be biased and say I love all products because difference the Micro-Fresh® brand makes to our customers! Regardless of whether this is as Micro-Fresh®, the scented technology or even Home-Fresh®, every customer tells a different story through our products.
4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Having heard the story of Jigna becoming a company director within 5 years at Micro-Fresh®, I see myself as the CMO, growing the brand globally, especially in untapped territories.
5 ) What is one thing that surprised you about working at Micro-Fresh®?
It really surprised me how global the company is and how much it still is expanding. It is amazing to talk to all of our overseas agents, learning their culture and how differently they all work.
6) What is your productivity trick at the workplace?
As well as my morning list, only spending a certain amount of time on one task to ensure I get everything done! Nothing is better than ticking something off a list!!
7 ) What is the biggest preconception people have of you in your workplace?
My colleagues think I am the writing guru because of my journalism degree, but I can have my moments too… Writers block is real!
Little more personal
8) Do you enjoy any hobbies outside of work?
Travelling, socialising and cleaning (yes that’s a weird one!) Keep a look out for my cleaning reels on our social media platforms!
9) What is your favourite thing about working at Micro-Fresh®?
Seeing the team - there is never a dull moment here. And obviously team drinks!
10) What’s your favourite TV show—the one you’re always watching on repeat?
That’s a tough one, but it has to be out of Gossip Girl and Grey’s anatomy.
11) If you could snap your fingers and be an expert in something what would it be?
12) If you could write a book about your life what would it be called?
Don’t be fooled.
13) What is one thing you’re trying to make a habit?
Going on a walk once a day!
14) What is your favourite film?
Two weeks notice… I’m a Sandra Bullock fan!
15) What would be your go to karaoke song?
I love Rihanna so probably 'What's my name.'
16) If you had to swap places with someone for the day who would it be?
17) What’s the top destination on your must-visit list?
There’s two- Singapore and Australia.
18) Where’s your favourite place to eat?
Chipotle in the US!
Share this post: