Micro-Fresh® - Meet the Team
Posted on 15th September 2020 at 13:58
Meet Rachel Duncan:
After finishing her degree from the University of Leeds and travelling South East Asia, Rachel now takes on the Technical Compliance Specialist role. When Rachel isn’t working, she loves to keep up with her fitness and read romance novels in her spare time.
1) What does a typical day at Micro-Fresh® look like for you?
I like to kickstart my day with a cup of herbal tea depending on my mood. For me, being organised is key so I like to make a to do list of what tasks needs to be complete for the day. With our recent launch of our new air purifying technology I aid retailers with knowledge and understanding and also assisting the sales team with guidance to our technology. Another duty of mine is to arranging for testing samples and product samples, sending them off to labs and then send the reports to clients to help them understand the result. The fun part of my day is getting stuck in and mix up new solutions for our R&D projects.
2) What is your favourite aspect of your role?
New product development and new innovation is my favourite thing about my role. The thing with product development is you don’t always get it right the first time, so it's a great feeling when it comes to life and finally launches.
3) Do you have a favourite Micro-Fresh® product?
The scented one is my favourite especially the sea breeze fragrance.
4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years, I see myself as the Head of Compliance with a little technical team under me.
5 ) What is one thing that surprised you about working at Micro-Fresh®?
For me, I was surprised how global and world wide the company is, it’s amazing the different international agents I talk to on a daily basis.
6) What is your productivity trick at the workplace?
I am the queen of lists, I love to be organised!!
7 ) What is the biggest preconception people have as you in your workplace?
When clients know I have a chemistry background they assume I am in a white lab coat and wear goggles- it’s far from that!
Little more personal
8) Do you enjoy any hobbies outside of work?
It’s fitness training to do a 10k run and I love to practice my vegan baking.
9) What is your favourite thing about working at Micro-Fresh®?
Working with likeminded people, we always have fun but take our role seriously.
10) What’s your favourite TV show—the one you’re always watching on repeat?
It’ll probably be Money Heist on Netflix.
11) If you could snap your fingers and be an expert in something what would it be?
I think space would be an interesting one because no one really knows what is going on in outer space.
11) If could write a book about your life what would it be called?
Not your average alchemist!
12) What is one thing you’re trying to make a habit?
I try and practice Spanish everyday for 15 mins.
13) What is your favourite film?
I can’t choose but I love a romantic comedy such as Love Actually.
14) What would be your go to karaoke song?
It has got to be Come on Eileen.
15) If you had to swap places with someone for the day who would it be?
The Queen because I would get great food and get waited on all and you’d find out all the secrets.
16) What’s the top destination on your must-visit list?
I would say Australia because I would like to do a 3-week road trip along the South East Coast.
17) Where’s your favourite place to eat?
Probably Sapori because Italian is one of my favourites.
Tagged as: Our People
Share this post: