Meet the Team: Kiran Sandhu
Posted on 15th April 2021 at 11:25
Meet Kiran Sandhu:
Meet our Finance Manager, Kiran! Aside from being an expert with numbers, Kiran lived in Australia for 6 months and got stranded on top of danger falls... It is safe to say she made it back in one peice!
1) What does a typical day at Micro-Fresh® look like for you?
At Micro-Fresh® every day is a new day, and anything can happen! You have to be prepared for everything and working in a fast pace environment requires me to be super organised. I like to think I’m great at multi-tasking. I say bring it on!
2) What is your favourite aspect of your role?
I love that my job is so varied and no two days are the same. Just in one day I can go from dealing with agents, ensuring customers are paid on time to co ordinating orders as they travel across the globe. In a nutshell, lots and lots of talking and Excel spreadsheets! I am appreciative to have learnt so much in just 3 months.
3) Do you have a favourite Micro-Fresh® product?
I’m obsessed with the scented products! I can’t pick a favourite they all smell amazing.
4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I’d love to progress to director level and see the business grow even more to its full potential.
5 ) What is one thing that surprised you about working at Micro-Fresh®?
Honestly, how amazing our products are, and I’m not paid to say that I promise! So many well-known brands are using our technology and the list grows every day. It makes me so proud to be part of the Micro-Fresh® team.
6) What is your productivity trick at the workplace?
My role relies very heavily on time-management, so I have learnt to prioritise and complete the most urgent jobs first.
7 ) What is the biggest preconception people have of you in your workplace?
I think people sometimes have a misconception about finance and think we’re boring but there’s a lot more to it than just numbers. I definitely don’t think I fit the bill (excuse the pun!)
Little more personal
8) Do you enjoy any hobbies outside of work?
I love to bake and spend time with my family, my two kids keep me on my toes as you can imagine. I also love home improvements, renovating my house has been so rewarding and keeps me very busy.
9) What is your favourite thing about working at Micro-Fresh®?
The team! We have a good laugh in the office and there’s always something going on.
10) What’s your favourite TV show—the one you’re always watching on repeat?
I have that many I don’t think I can choose! But I’m always watching a new series on Netflix.
11) If you could snap your fingers and be an expert in something what would it be?
I’d love to be able to cook up culinary dishes from around the world!
12) If you could write a book about your life what would it be called?
I’m not sure – tough question!
13) What is one thing you’re trying to make a habit?
I’d love to be more organised, clutter stresses me out... I think I need to take a leaf out of Mrs hinch’s book!
14) What is your favourite film?
I don’t have a single favourite, but a few favourites would be The Blind Side and Disney films like The Lion King and A Little Mermaid!
15) What would be your go to karaoke song?
Wannabe by the Spice Girls. What a classic.
16) If you had to swap places with someone for the day who would it be?
I think I’d have to say the Queen.
17) What’s the top destination on your must-visit list?
I would love to go to Hawaii. The clear blue water and golden sands... I can’t wait to go some day.
18) Where’s your favourite place to eat?
Piccolinos of course! They have the best pizza and pasta. The cocktail are quite nice too...
Share this post: